Jessica Serfaty nude (34 photo) Cleavage, Twitter, cameltoe
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to navigation Jump to search
For other uses, see Jessica (disambiguation).
‹ The template Infobox given name is being considered for merging. ›
Jessica (originally Iessica, also Jesica, Jesika, Jessicah, Jessika, or Jessikah) is a female given name.
The oldest written record of the name with its current spelling is found as the name of the Shakespearean character Jessica, from the play The Merchant of Venice. The name may have been an Anglicisation of the biblical Iscah (from the Hebrew: יִסְכָּה : yisekāh), the name of a daughter of Haran briefly mentioned in the Book of Genesis 11:29. Iscah was rendered "Iesca" (Jeska) in the Matthew Bible version available in Shakespeare's day.
The original Hebrew name Yiskāh, means "foresight", or being able to see the potential in the future. The Hebrew root sakhah (ס.כ.ה) means "to see", so the name Yiskah, with the added future-tense yod, implies foresight. Iscah is the niece of Abraham.
"Jessica" was the first or second most popular female baby name in the United States from 1981 to 1997 before falling out of the Top 20 in 2004. It also rose to #1 in England and Wales in 2005, dropping to #3 in 2006. Common nicknames of the name Jessica include "Jess" and "Jessie".
People with the given name
- Jessica Abel (born 1969), American comic book writer and artist
- Jessicka Addams (born 1975), a musician
- Jessica Alba (born 1981), American television and film actress
- Jessica Andersson (born 1973), a Swedish singer
- Jessica Andrews (born 1983), American country music singer
- Jessica Antiles, American competitive swimmer
- Jessica Biel (born 1982), American actress and former model
- Jessica Brown Findlay (born 1989), English actress
- Jessica Burciaga (born 1983), American model
- Jessica Caban (born 1982), American model, dancer and actress
- Jessica Capshaw (born 1976), American actress
- Jessica Care Moore (born 1971), American poet
- Jessica Chastain (born 1977), American actress
- Jessica Cirio (born 1985), Argentine model
- Jessica-Jane Clement (born 1985), British glamour model, actress and TV presenter who is best known for starring in the BBC programme The Real Hustle
- Jessica Cornish, known as Jessie J (born 1988), British singer-songwriter
- Jessica Davenport (born 1985), reserve center for the WNBA's Indiana Fever
- Jessica De Gouw (born c. 1987–1988), Australian actress
- Jessica Deglau (born 1980), olympic swimmers in Canada
- Jessica DiCicco (born 1980), American actress
- Jessica Drake (born 1974), American pornographic actress
- Jessica Dubroff (1988–1996), American pilot trainee
- Jessica Eddie (born 1984), English Olympic rower from 2008 to 2012
- Jessica Ennis (born 1986), British athlete
- Jessica Eye (born 1986), American professional female mixed martial artist
- Jessica Falkholt (1988–2018), Australian actress
- Jessica Fodera (Jessicka, born 1975), American musician and artist, singer of Scarling. and Formerly of Jack Off Jill
- Jessica Folcker (born 1975), a Swedish singer
- Jessica Fox (born 1994), French-born Australian slalom canoer, Olympic silver (K-1 slalom), world championships bronze (C-1)
- Jessica Friedman (born 1977), American actress
- Jessica Garlick (born 1981), Welsh singer
- Jessica Glynne, better known as Jess Glynne (born 1989), English singer-songwriter
- Jessica Gomes (born 1985), Australian model
- Jessica Harp (born 1982), American country singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Jessica Henwick (born 1992), British actress and writer
- Jessica Hynes (born 1972), British actress, writer and comedian
- Jessica Iskandar (born 1988), Indonesian actress and model
- Jessica Iwanson (born 1948), born in Stockholm, Sweden
- Jessica Jackley (born 1977), American businesswoman and entrepreneur
- Jessica Jaymes (born 1979), American pornographic actress
- Jessica Joseph (born 1982), American former ice dancer
- Jessica Jung (born 1989), US-born Korean pop singer, former member of Girls' Generation
- Jessica Knappett (born 1984), English comedy writer and actress
- Jessica Lange (born 1949), American actress
- Jessica Largey, American chef
- Jessica Lee Rose (born 1987), American actress
- Jessica Lowndes (born 1988), Canadian actress and singer-songwriter
- Jessica Lu (born 1985), American actress
- Jessica Lucas (born 1985), Canadian actress and singer
- Jessica Makinson (born 1978), American actress
- Jessica Martin (born 1962), British actress and comedian
- Jessica Mauboy (born 1989), Australian singer
- Jessica McClure (born 1986), known as "Baby Jessica" when rescued from a well as a toddler
- Jessica Meir, American biologist and underwater diver
- Jessica Mendoza (born 1980), American softball player and sportscaster
- Jessica Mitford (1917–1996), Anglo-American writer
- Jessica Moore (basketball) (born 1982), American basketball player in WNBA for the Indiana Fever
- Jessica Moore (journalist) (born 1982), American journalist
- Jessica Moore (tennis) (born 1990), Australian tennis player
- Jessica Nigri (born 1989), American cosplayer and personality
- Jessica Origliasso (born 1984), Australian musician, member of the Veronicas
- Jessica Paré (born 1982), Canadian actress
- Jessica Kelly Siobhan Reilly (born 1977), English actress
- Jessica Rossi (born 1992), Italian sport shooter, gold medalist at Summer Olympics 2012
- Jessica Sanchez (born 1995), American Idol S11 Runner-up, Interscope recording artist
- Jessica Savitch (1947–1983), American TV news reporter
- Jessica Serfaty (born 1990), American model
- Jessica Simpson (born 1980), American pop singer and actress
- Jessica Sklar, American mathematician
- Jessica Smith (editor) (1895-1983), American editor and activist
- Jessica Soho (born 1964), Filipina broadcast journalist
- Jessica Stam (born 1986), Canadian model
- Jessica Stasinowsky (born 1985), one of the perpetrators of the 2006 murder of Stacey Mitchell in Perth, Australia
- Jessica Steinhauser, known as Asia Carrera (born 1973), American former pornographic actress
- Jessica Stroup (born 1986), American actress and model
- Jessica Sula (born 1994), Welsh actress
- Jessica Sutta (born 1982), American dancer and singer, member of the Pussycat Dolls
- Jessica Szohr (born 1985), American actress
- Jessica Tandy (1909–1994), Anglo-American actress
- Jessica Taylor (born 1980), English singer, former member of Liberty X
- Jessica Upshaw (1959-2013), American politician and lawyer
- Jessica Utts (born 1952), statistics professor at the University of California, Irvine and an author of textbooks on statistics
- Jessica Varnish (born 1990), British track cyclist
- Jessica Vetter (born 1985), member of the United States women's national ice hockey team
- Jessica Voorsanger (born 1965), American artist.
- Jessica Wahls (born 1977), German pop singer
- Jessica Walter (born 1941), American actress
- Jessica White (born 1984), American Model
- Jessica Wich (born 1990), German football striker
- Jessica Williams (musician) (born 1948), American pianist and composer
- Jessica Wong (born 1991), Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jessica Wright, former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs at the United States Department of Defense
- Jessica Keenan Wynn (born 1986), American actress
- Jessica Yellin (born 1971), American Television
- Jessica Yu (born 1966), American Film Director
- Jessica Zafra (born 1965), Filipina woman writer
- Jessica Zajicek, appears on Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List
- Jessica Zelinka (born 1981), Canadian pentathlete
- Jessica Zhu (born 1986), Chinese-American pianist
People with the middle name
- Jessica, a character in The Merchant of Venice
- Lady Jessica of the Sci-Fi Dune (franchise)
- Jessica Baker, a character in the 2003 film Cheaper by the Dozen and its sequel
- Jessica "Jessie" Bannon of the TV series The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- Jessica Buchanan in the American soap opera One Life to Live
- Jessica Day in the sitcom New Girl
- Jessica Drew in the Marvel Comics Universe series Spider-Woman
- Jessica Fisher, a character in the TV series Waterloo Road
- Jessica Fletcher in the American television mystery series Murder, She Wrote
- Jessica Glitter from How I Met Your Mother
- Jessica Hamby in the HBO Series True Blood
- Jessica James of The Incredible Jessica James
- Jessica Jones superhero in the Marvel Universe
- Jessica Lovejoy of the TV series The Simpsons
- Jessica Moore (Supernatural) of the TV series Supernatural
- Jessica Rabbit in the Who Framed Roger Rabbit series
- Jessica "Jesse" Miriam Reeves, a character in the 2002 film Queen of the Damned
- Jessica (Reika), a character in Stitch!
- Jessica Riley, playable characters in the survival horror game Until Dawn
- Jessica Ruiz, from the TV series The Electric Company
- Jessica Sanders of the NBC Sci-Fi Drama Heroes
- Jessica Stanley In the Twilight Saga written by Stephenie Meyer
- Jessica Tate, a character in the American TV series Soap
- Jessica Ushiromiya, a character from Umineko no Naku Koro ni
- Jessica Wakefield of Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley Twins
- Jessica Warren in Bones
- ^ "Jesica - Name Meaning, What does Jesica mean?". www.thinkbabynames.com. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- ^ Hanks, P. & Hodges, F. A Dictionary of First Names. (1990). Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-211651-7.
- ^ "Genesis 11:29 in Matthew, Geneva and King James' versions". Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- ^ Karl Elze (1874), Essays on Shakespeare (PCMI collection), translated by L. Dora Schmitz, Macmillan and Company
- ^ Most Popular 1000 Names of the 1980s. Social Security Administration (SSA), United States. Retrieved February 22, 2007.
- ^ Most Popular 1000 Names of the 1990s. Social Security Administration (SSA), United States. Retrieved February 22, 2007.
- ^ OACT. "Popular Baby Names". www.ssa.gov. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- ^ Baby Names, England and Wales, 2005. Office for National Statistics (ONS), United Kingdom. Released: 28 July 2011.
- ^ Baby Names, England and Wales, 2006. Office for National Statistics (ONS), United Kingdom. Released: 28 July 2011.
- ^ "Jewish Australian kayaker Jessica Fox takes silver medal". Retrieved 11 August 2017.
Retrieved from "https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jessica_(given_name)&oldid=893204558"
TRUMP BLASTS VENEZUELA, IRAN Turning to strife-torn Venezuela, Trump said socialism there, in Cuba and the former Soviet Union had only delivered anguish and devastation and failure. The problem in Venezuela is not that socialism has been poorly implemented but that socialism has been faithfully.